Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A couple days ago, P-cakes was gifted a hand-me-down play kitchen, art desk, and plastic toy chest. They were from one of the houses that Jordin is working on but they didn't need/want anymore.

While I thought this was fun, they were pretty disgusting and dirty.

So yesterday in the blistering, sweltering weather, P-Cakes and I decided to get our suits on and go hose the toys off and play in the water.

Here are some pics.

 This one is funny because there is a "sink" right where P-Cakes is looking. She would have me fill it up and then she could stick her face in the puddle of water.

Over. and. over. again.

 This is how P-Cakes poses for pictures nowadays. I don't know what started it, but she squats then leans forward and gives a big goofy grin.


 I LOVE this next photo!

She has been making this face since she was five or six months old. But the face keeps getting funnier and funnier!
It was SO nice to play in the water. There was a 'mist' option on the hose nozzle and it was perfect to keep us cool. If it hadn't of been for this nasty black wasp that kept hanging around we probably could have played out there all day.

I've got to tell you what I had for dinner last night too. I've discovered this awesome blog called Eighty Twenty. (Eat8020.com) It is a woman that gives recipes that are healthy (the eighty percent of what your diet should be) and no-so-healthy recipes (the other twenty percent of your diet).

Anyway, so for dinner last night I made her Banana Oat Cakes. They were delicious. It was oatmeal, in the shape of a pancake!

I really enjoy oatmeal but typically dislike most things about pancakes, and my husband is just opposite. So this was a happy medium.

Here is the link if you're interested:
http://www.eat8020.com/2011/01/80-banana-oat-cakes.html

I added water and light sour cream to make the batter just a bit thinner. And we did peaches and pineapple with the bananas.

Okay, well miss P-Cakes just woke after only 30 minutes of sleeping... Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hello! It's only been over 2 1/2 years since I last posted. Nothing really has changed between then and now... except most everything! :...