Monday, January 1, 2018

It's been a while...

Hello! It's only been over 2 1/2 years since I last posted. Nothing really has changed between then and now... except most everything! :)

At last, we were living in Rexburg, Idaho and Jordin and I were working for the same property management company. That company closed its doors and we bumped around a bit that took us to Logan, Utah for 6 months, and Charlotte, NC for a year. While in Logan, Jordin and I decided it was time to get the kids out of daycare and have one parent stay home. Because of our individual personalities and career opportunities, we opted to have Jordin be the stay-at-home parent and I have been working full time.

While living in Charlotte, we found out we were expecting our third baby! With the combination of that exciting news and my then-current company slowly collapsing, we decided it was time to move closer to family. I went on maternity leave and left Charlotte for Colorado. We lived in Montrose with Jordin's parents for a while while we had our sweet baby and looked for employment in Denver.

On November 3rd, 2016, Paycen Quinn Boyd was born. This sweet baby boy was our miracle in a hard and stressful time. He has beautiful red hair but it is sadly going a bit blonder. :)

Nearly a year ago, I began working as an Area Marketing Manager for UDR based in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. I am in charge of the southwest region of the US for the properties that UDR owns in that area. I only travel 1-2 times a month so it's much more family-friendly than my work at Campus Evolution Villages in Charlotte where I would be gone for 10 days and home for 4 days.

So that's where we are now, living in Highlands Ranch and loving life.

Pailey is now in 2nd Grade and loves school, her stuffed animals (she still asks for a horse of her own), reading, and bossing her brothers around. She is the perfect combination of sugar and spice. She can be sassy, but also so caring and compassionate. She has been a little less girly-girl over the last year or so. She still loves pink, but isn't worried about wearing a skirt all day like she once did. She is going to be baptized this spring and I can hardly believe it. She has recently shown an interest in learning how to cook, so we have been having fun teaching her recipes and the patience of baking.

Porter is a bustling 5 year old. This boy has energy! He is enrolled in half-day kindergarten, and we may keep him in full-day kindergarten for the next year since he is such a young kindergartner. We'll see. He has developed some sass, but is also the most cuddly and caring boy. He is the jokester of the family. He always loves to tell jokes. Even if they make no sense to anyone else but him. He and Pailey are very opposite in many ways and it's been fun to learn about how to teach, discipline, and love each one in the best ways. (Hint: Porter is guided by his belly at all times. Ha!)

Paycen turns 14 months old in a couple of days and I really can't believe it. He is developing his own little personality. He smiles more than the other two every did as babes. He is quite the walker now and I love watching his little legs toddle around. He has recently started taking a pacifier (the other two NEVER would) and it's adorable to see him walking around with his little giraffe 'joey' go with him and help comfort him. He loves balls. His first birthday was ball-themed and he received a ball-pit for Christmas which he is loving. This boy will say 'dada' all day long, but stubbornly refuses to say 'mama'. When I work with him on it, he just looks me in the eyes and whispers 'dada'. Little punk. ;)

Jordin and I are doing great. Life's not always easy (still waiting for that) but I am so incredibly blessed to have Jordin as my teammate in this life. He is the perfect balance to my crazy. Jordin is a way better parent than I ever was. He definitely handles the budget better than I ever did! His passion of automotive is still there, and so is the Blazer (to my detriment). He also has discovered a passion and knack for real estate investing.

As for me, I feel like I am growing and getting better at 'adulting' with each passing year. In 2017, I had a word of the year, and it was Stability. I think we accomplished it pretty well. We've lived in our home for a whole year and have renewed our lease for another 2 years! That is pretty ground breaking for us! My job is incredible. It's challenging, satisfying, and pushes me in every way. This year, I did have a scare in May and was in the hospital for 5 days with an incredibly difficult migraine. All tests came back clear, but I now take a daily preventative medication so I don't relive that again.

We're excited for the new year and the fulfillment of our New Years Resolutions. I don't think I've been a big resolution person before, but this year I am excited to put some things in place to do better and be better. Once I've got my list, I'll post more on all that to help hold myself accountable. :) (One of which is blogging about my family more! You're welcome.) ;)

So grateful for our home, life, and all the good, bad, and ugly in between.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hello! It's only been over 2 1/2 years since I last posted. Nothing really has changed between then and now... except most everything! :...