Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Patience? What's that?

(Warning: This is all ranting by an overly uncomfortable pregnant woman. Read at your own risk.) ;)

I have never been a patient person. This is probably something I should have told my OB doc from the get go because whether it was her intention or not, she has made my patience wear too thin.

It all started when she saw that Baby Porter had dropped at like 35-36 wks. And then she checked me and saw that I was 1-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. She told me, "You'll probably go between 37-38 wks." WHAT? Wha hoo! That's seemed like great news.

Then at the next dr apt, I was a little more dialated (2-3 cm) and she said that I probably wouldn't make it to my induction date, August 31st. Cool. That's good news too. I am all set and ready with my bags packed, a friend set to watch P-cakes, and the nursery ready (well, nearly).

This mind set is making me crazy! I am all set and ready to go because my doctor said I would. I swear I have Googled a million different things and ways to go into early labor and done nearly all of them (besides Castor Oil- I don't think it's worth being sick just to go into labor). I've walked a LOT, I've eaten fresh pineapple, I've danced to loud music (to my neighbors detriment), and any other thing you can think of. And you know what? Nothing!

I wasn't crazy like this when miss P was born because my doctor didnt lead me to believe one way or the other that I would be early or late. I was perfectly fine having a scheduled induction date and having things go according to plans.

If you know me at all, you know how I like my plans to work the way I want them.

But now, I feel like I've made it my plan to pop at any moment- so if I don't, then it's not going according to plan! Grr...

The silliest thing about this whole thing is that I'm not even due techically until Sept. 6th! So I really shouldn't be this stircrazy but, gosh, I really can't psych myself into thinking that I won't go early.

I love my doc. She is truely awesome, but man, I definatley should have given her a warning about my complete and utter lack of patience.

In the mean time... I wait. and wait. and wait.

Hopefully a much less rant-type post next time, with pics of our newborn! we'll see. :/

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry!! Danika did the same thing!! It just plain old stinks! And then someone will have the nerve to tell you it is better that "he stays in there" because you are getting more sleep, he is growing, ect. And all you want to do is scream at them!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's been a while...

Hello! It's only been over 2 1/2 years since I last posted. Nothing really has changed between then and now... except most everything! :...