Monday, July 25, 2011

Random Bits of Thoughts of Life

Hey Ya'll!

Okay, yeah, that is the most that I plan on letting my English slip into a southern drawl. And even then, it's just not natural for my mouth to slir those words together.

That's okay with me, but I do get little giggles of delight in my heart when I hear someone else say "ya'll" or pronounce July as "Jew-lye".

Ahhh. There is just a charm here that I don't think I've ever felt about a place before.

Ya know what it is, it's Pride.

Not the bad: I-am-better-than-you-and-have-everything-that-I-could-possibly-ever-want kind of pride. Whew, hyphens.

It's the real: I love what I have and where I am and what I've been given-type pride. (Hyphens omitted due to laziness.)

One of the first Fridays that we got here, we went to the Boardwalk in Kemah and watched the Fireworks that they do in "Jew-lye". They played patriotic music and EVERYONE that was there stopped what they were doing, turned towards the lights, and basked in the unity and patriotism that surrounded us.

This may sound bad, but I've never really considered myself very patriotic. I love my country and I am glad I have been given the freedoms that I have but I've never been the kind to get together and really bask in that pride of our nation.

Well,

When we were on that boardwalk, I felt the pride of everyone around me. And ever since then, I have really felt so happy to be where we are. These are a prideful people, but the good kind. :) I never had pride in Idaho or Utah or Colorado (Jordin has massive amounts of Colorado-ian pride, I'm sure he'd want me to make that clear.) And I've just moved here so it's not like I am overwhelmed with pride about Texas, but I can see myself getting that way.

Jordin and I moving here was definitely a risk and a chance. But we took it. We really love it here and we know this is where we are supposed to be.

We've even got the bugs under control so I don't really even worry too much about that.

AND we went to IKEA, the blessed store that it is, to look for couches and we found some that are B-E-A-utiful! We haven't bought them yet, but when we do our living room will finally have more than just a desk and TV.

Here is a screen shot of it off of IKEA's website. The fabric is so soft.... Mmm.... We'll get the love seat too that will be just a bit smaller than this sofa.
 In the mean time, we watch movies on the hard, UGLY carpet. Oh well. Soon we'll have these babies.

And I plan on repainting the WHOLE house, overtime. And I'm working on a color scheme so it all blends beautifully. I am so excited. I'll keep you updated on the work. But that'll probably be a ways down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hello! It's only been over 2 1/2 years since I last posted. Nothing really has changed between then and now... except most everything! :...