Thursday, March 15, 2012

Drum Roll, Please... It's a..........!

It's been a while since I've kept you up-to-date on our lives out here in Tejas. We have been enjoying the winter here with just a very rainy season, but no cold or snow. Jordin has been working like crazy at his job. He is the only superintendent that is currently working in Houston on rehab-ing (so not a word, but go with me) so he stays busy and drives A LOT. But sometimes that's nice for me because I get to talk to him on his long drives.

--His office is in Galveston and nearly all the other guys are currently working on houses there. So driving from home, to Galveston, to Houston, back to Galveston at the end of the day to finish paperwork, and then back home makes for a lot of drive time.--

But he is working hard and is doing a great job.

Not that I'm biased. Anyway...

I'd like to fill you in on other fun happenings but first there is some exciting news.

Story Time:

So for the last two days, and mostly at night, I have been having sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. It's been bad enough to wake me up at night. So finally, after not getting much sleep last night because of the pain, I went to our family Dr this morning and she checked me out, but because I'm pregnant, she sent me to my OB instead so they could do an ultra sound. Maybe I should have just done that myself anyway, but oh well.

So this afternoon I went to my OB and we did an ultrasound. My ovary looks just fine. I thought that maybe there could have been a cyst on it or something because when I pointed to where the pain was, the doctor said that was directly over my ovary. Well, so the good news is that my ovary is fine, the bad news is that I still don't have an answer to the pain... I've had my gallbladder out and my appendix is on the other side of the abdomen.

Okay, so now to the exciting part!

While they were doing the ultrasound, the Dr asked if I wanted to know the gender of the baby. My first instinct was no because Jordin was at work and we have an apt set up on the 12th of April to find out so I figured I could wait. The Dr even suggested that I text Jordin to see if he cared. I did, but he busy at work and there was no response. So we finish the ultrasound and at the last second I change my mind.

That doesn't sound like me at all does it?! So they keep looking and this is what they can see.



 They did say that because I am only 15 wks, that it still a bit early to be super sure that they are right. I asked the sonogram lady (I don't know her correct title) what she gave it as a percentage of it really being a boy and she said 80% which is still really high for so early. Yay!! We're definitely excited! I called Jordin on the way home and he said that it was fine with him that I found out and he was super stoked!!



Awww... So cute!

Okay, well I did say I was going to tell more about the other fun stuff that has been going on but I've got to get dinner going. It'll have to wait! :)

1 comment:

It's been a while...

Hello! It's only been over 2 1/2 years since I last posted. Nothing really has changed between then and now... except most everything! :...