Monday, April 23, 2012

P-cakes birthday!

Oh my, oh my! Our adorable and rambunctious little girl turned TWO last week! I am in complete shock. 

For her birthday, we got her a little tikes car. You know the one. I'm pretty sure almost every kid from our generation had one of these. Jordin and I both have great memories of playing with them so we just had to get one for P-cakes. 

Jordin's parents were in town so the night before her B-day, Daren and Jordin put it together and then we filled it will all of her presents. 
The next morning, she walked out of her room and she gasped to loud! It was adorable. So we ended up opening all of her presents at 7:30 in the morning. It was a bit earlier than planned, but you can't deny the birthday girl her presents!

 Grandma and Grandpa Boyd got her this water toy. She loves it.

She is so funny about opening presents. She has to get EVERY piece of tape and paper off of the present before she takes the time to look at it.


This is a beautiful dress that she got from Grandma and Grandpa Miller. She loves dresses!

She also got bubbles... She still hasn't mastered the whole bubble blowing thing and tends to lick the soap, but we're working on it. 



This is one of my favorite photos. I love how wet she got. She loves her new toys. 
 She's still finding new ways to play in her car...
 Grandpa Boyd found a new way for her to use her car. Drive in!
 This was her b-day cake. It was an ice cream cake that we made. It was crazy good! It was a Pinterest item. It used ice cream bars, cool whip, caramel, and heath bars all chopped up. Yum!

 Her and grandpa liked to chill together.


 Later in the week we went bowling. I wasn't sure how she would do, but P-cakes loved it! We played about 2 1/2 games and on the second game, she beat us all! (She had bumpers and a ramp, but still.)
 One day when Jordin was at work, the Grandparents, P-cakes and I went to the park. There were about 50 turtles hanging out at the water. It was cool. One funny thing about turtles is if you has miss P what a turtle says, she'll respond , "Hey Dude!". I taught her that! While it may not be accurate, she knows it from Finding Nemo and I think it is adorable! :) (And if anyone can tell me a better sound that a turtle makes, you let me know.)


 This is a train they have there at the park and P loves trains!

 We went mini glow golf the other day too. She didn't like it as much as the bowling, but she did like this giant glowing turtle shell.


 This is one more bowling pic. She got bored eventually and decided to explore.
 All in all, we had a great week and P-cakes had a great birthday.  I have some more videos from her birthday and opening so other presents from family. I just need to go through them still. 

But geez, I can't believe her birthday has come and gone and I've got a toddler in full swing of her terrible two's (in moments).  We are so excited each day to watch her grow. 

Speaking of growing.... 

My little belly is becoming not-so-little. Baby boy is about a week ahead on the growth chart and kicking all the time. Jordin also felt him kick for the first time this week which is pretty exciting because up until then, it was just me feeling all the kicks. We are excited to see him grow!

























 

1 comment:

  1. I can't belive she is 2! she is growing so fast! I know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's been a while...

Hello! It's only been over 2 1/2 years since I last posted. Nothing really has changed between then and now... except most everything! :...